Spreadsheets are ubiquitous and useful, but spreadsheet thinking encourages some bad modeling habits that can endanger your organization and your credibility. With a true dynamic simulation environment, you can do better:
- Share your model with a comprehensible diagram showing how your world works.
- Test what-ifs instantaneously with Synthesim™.
- Audit on the fly with Causal Tracing™ – no more peering into cells one by one.
- Have real dynamics and feedback, not just what you can get by row/column fill operations.
- Write readable equations – no more =LN(B6)*1/(1+EXP(C4*(D9-D10)).
Toll Revenue[Bridge,Segment]=Toll[Bridge,Segment]*trips[Bridge,Segment]*days per year Units: $/Year
- Avoid errors and rework from incomplete copy-paste-fill operations.
- Separate your model from your data and output, so your what-if explorations don’t accidentally wreck your crucial models.
- Easily compare models and output files, to see what’s changed.
- Escape the two-dimensional world, with up to 8 array dimensions and flexible mapping. No endless replication of tabs:
- Avoid instabilities inherent in running in discrete time.
- Automate quality tests with Reality Check™.
- Calibrate with appropriate statistics for dynamic systems.
- Use integrated Monte Carlo and optimization algorithms.
- Get more raw speed for large models.
Vensim plays nice with spreadsheets and databases, so your data can live in visible repositories, while your model is secure in a productive environment that promotes quality and supports faster, deeper analysis, insight and transparency.