- Vensim 7 Synthesim + Sensitivity https://vimeo.com/223688311 In Vensim 7, we’ve combined real-time Synthesim with sensitivity analysis, so you can see the distribution of outcomes from Monte Carlo runs interactively. This is great for giving users an appreciation of the risk associated with a decision, rather than just a best guess.
- Data Science, Connected to the Bottom Line https://vimeo.com/206297867/1d77447143 Vensim can be used to put big data in context, by incorporating the learnings from big data in simulations that account for organizational structure and finances. Vensim can also do data intensive simulation, with flexible I/O, advanced algorithms for calibration, optimal filtering, confidence bounds and Monte Carlo simulation.
- Modeling Discrete & Stochastic Events It’s generally a good idea to begin thinking about your models with continuous time and quantities, particularly for strategic applications where you care about the big picture. But there are times when it matters that quantities are discrete – you can’t ride half a horse. Here’s a quick look at modeling such situations, starting with ...
- Vensim Causal Loop Diagramming This video shows several ways to build causal loop diagrams in Vensim. We start simple with Vensim PLE, and then illustrate some additional features, like navigation links, that are possible in DSS. The first ten minutes should have you up & running on the basics. https://vimeo.com/179249938
- Model Analysis – World Dynamics This video walks through a critique of the World model that kicked off the Limits to Growth debate, starting with Forrester’s World Dynamics, followed by World3 and the Limits to Growth and many subsequent works. The purpose of this video is not to discuss the mapping of the world models to the real world, though that ...
- Vensim’s new partner – Ventity Ventity has launched! Visit us at Ventity.biz. https://vimeo.com/190327940
- Running models with Vensim PLE and the Model Reader A brief tutorial on running models with Vensim PLE and the Vensim Model Reader.
- Causal Tracing in Vensim A tutorial on Causal Tracing™ – following the chain of causality through a model for insight and debugging.
- Lookups in Vensim A tutorial on building and using lookups (table functions) in Vensim models.
- Building a Simple Vensim Model A quick tutorial on building and running a new Vensim model.
Vensim can be used to improve decisions anywhere there are problems with detail and dynamics, which is to say, everywhere. Ventana’s consulting provides many examples. Our customers apply Vensim in energy, health, climate, education and many other areas.
Fourteen reasons to move up from spreadsheets.
Vensim’s Causal Tracing enables fast and accurate analysis of model dynamics. See it in action in a video tutorial, or read more about it.
Congratulations to Navid Ghaffarzadegana, Xue Yi and Richard Larson for their publication in EJOR, Work-education mismatch: An endogenous theory of professionalization.
Vensim 7 is available for download or purchase in the Vensim store. This includes several significant new features, including: – Interactive sensitivity runs in Synthesim – Percentile export for sensitivity runs – Calibration payoffs can now compare model variables to … Continue reading
In Vensim 7, we’ve combined real-time Synthesim with sensitivity analysis, so you can see the distribution of outcomes from Monte Carlo runs interactively. This is great for giving users an appreciation of the risk associated with a decision, rather than … Continue reading